Thursday, November 13, 2008

How Can I Miss You If You Won’t Go Away?

Good people of Alaska,

We have found your Governor. She’s in Florida, and apparently unaware that the election is over. Please send a copy of any November 5th newspaper, along with a very detailed map of North America.

Thank you in advance,

The citizens of the lower 48


Seriously, it’s time to call it a wrap. Did you see the interview where Gov. Palin offered her services to the Obama administration, and then in the next breath said she still wasn’t comfortable with someone who pals around with terrorists? Theater of the absurd.

I’ve been maintaining radio silence since the election. I had been so totally stressed by the whole ugly campaign, and then so buoyed by the results, that I kind of crashed and burned like a kid on the day after Halloween.

Now that life is beginning to return to normal and I’m getting a little pep back in my step, I wanted to share some of my thoughts from election night.

My first thought was that our 44th President had just finished the longest and most grueling job interview in the history of man, and if he runs the country the way he ran his campaign, I think he’ll do a pretty good job.

I was also moved by the reactions of the crowds at the Obama victory party, and also at the many impromptu gatherings around the country. When I see that many Americans filled with joy and hope, I have to believe that anything is possible. When the people of this nation are motivated, great things happen. It’s what we’re all about.

E Pluribus Unum, Out of Many, One.


That is all.

No comments: