Thursday, January 17, 2008

I Usually Don't Agree With Anything...

that Chris Matthews says, but I saw him on Leno last night and found that we think alike on at least one subject.

He was discussing the primary elections and he said something to the effect of "He may not be the best debater and he may not have a lot of experience but if you ever get to hear Barack Obama give a speech and you don't come away with tears in your eyes, then you're not a true American."

I had the good fortune to hear him speak a while back when he was the commencement speaker at my son's graduation (UMASS Boston, Class of 2006) and prior to that I knew virtually nothing about him. I was incredibly moved by his speech, as was the rest of the crowd judging from the applause. Afterwards I turned to my wife and said "If the Democrats want to win in '08, this is the guy." So if you get a chance to see him when he works his way through your state you should seize the opportunity. You won't regret it.

No comments: