Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sox up 3-0!

Dice-K went 5 and 1/3 and singled to drive in 2 of the Sox 6 runs in the third. Can you believe it? But the Rockies would not go gentle into that good night. They came roaring back in the 7th as Holliday stroked an Oki-Doke pitch for a 3 run homer making it 6 to 5.

We didn't have to sweat it for long as the rookies Ellsbury and Pedroia came through again, and the Sox scored 4 more times in the 8th and 9th and Pap closed it out. 10-5 final.

This team always responds.

I'm going out on a limb here because everyone on this team fits the MVP mold in one way or another and there's still at least one more game, but I'm going with Ellsbury for now. Talk about bringing it, this kid is fearless.

Tomorrow night I think I'm going to have to set the clicker up so that I can flip from the TV audio to the AM tuner with a minimum of effort. If the Sox were to close the series out it would be tantamount to sacrilege to hear the final call come from those idiots Buck and McCarver. I'd do it for the whole game but unfortunately the 2 feeds are not even close to being synced. Bummer.

No comments: