Friday, October 26, 2007

Yes!

Sox win 2-1. God that was a white knuckler, but Pap closed it out with the high heat and the Sox go up 2-0 in the series.

Schilling lasted through 5 and 1/3 in what could be his final Fenway appearance. Okajima came in with 2 men on and shut the Rockies down for the next 2 and 1/3 innings (How the hell does he throw so accurately with his head down?). Crazy Legs Papelbon got the last 4 outs.

So it's off to Mile High, and although I'd love to see them sweep, it would be sweet if they could win the big one at home.

I went to my first game in '61 so I've seen quite a few incarnations of this team and I've gotta tell ya, this is one special team. The pitching, the hitting, coming up big when the pressure is on, these guys are phenomenal.

And speaking of first games, I really love to see kids at the park. I've heard some people comment lately that it's a waste of an expensive seat to bring young kids to a game. It's not. I was only 6 and I remember every moment as if it were yesterday. The sounds and smells of Fenway are burned into my soul. That's how you become an official member of Red Sox Nation. Sending in 20 bucks and getting a cheesy card in the mail has nothing to do with it.

No comments: