Monday, February 1, 2010

Lost: The Final Season Begins

The final season of Lost begins tomorrow night at 8pm with an hour long recap show, followed by episodes 1 & 2 of Season 6, LA X (Parts 1 and 2).

I enter this final season with a mix of anticipation and anxiety. Yes, I'm excited that it's finally here, and that we're finally going to find out everything. But what if we don't find out everything? There'll be no "wait til next season" thoughts after this year's conclusion. Things left unresolved will be just that, things that will be... unresolved. At least until the inevitable "Lost: The Movie" comes out. That would really suck.

Regardless of what's revealed, and what isn't, I'll be happy in the knowledge that this show broke new ground in the wilderness that is TV. This isn't a passive show, it's a show that challenges you to think, and encourages and embraces the idea of "group think". The creative team's fostering of message boards and ARG puzzles that reward you with clues have united fans worldwide, and that's a good thing, as Martha would say. The exchange of ideas, even when they're about a TV show, is the first step in knowledge. We learn about ourselves by hearing other people's perspectives on our thoughts, and we learn that our view of things is not the be all and end all of how things really are.

Anyways, enough of the psychobabble, it's finally time for the beginning of the end of Lost. I've been cleaning off my hard drives and testing all of my recorders so I'll be ready to pull out screen caps, run things backwards and forwards at varying rates of speed, and generally waste countless hours searching for clues. As usual, I'll be posting what I find over on berryjooks.com, as long as it's not a spoiler. I hate spoilers, there's nothing worse than knowing what's going to happen before you watch something. It takes all of the "Oh Wow" out of it for me, and that's what this show is all about.

Although I don't like spoilers, I do like conjecture, especially if it's Doc Jensen conjecture, so here's a link to his latest 2 columns: How It Ends (Maybe) and The One Scene To See Before The Premiere. I love this guy. Fraternally, of course...

That's it for now. Be sure to check out the Lost section over at berryjooks.com in the coming days for my thoughts on the premiere as well as some fresh Season 6 screencaps.

No comments: