Sunday, March 14, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away.

Longfellow said; “Into each life some rain must fall”, but this is ridiculous. It’s been pouring since early Saturday, we’ve gotten about 6 inches of rain already, and they’re predicting it will continue to rain for at least another 10 hours.

I’ve been in my present house for quite a while, and barring a pump failure, things usually don’t get too bad, at least up until now. All of my contingency plans, and fall back plans, are now moot, as I watch the water edge towards my feet. I’m cold, wet and tired, and I’m about to give up for the evening and let nature take its course.

Time to sign off, unplug and move everything that I haven’t already, and then hit the rack. Maybe when I wake up it will have stopped.

Hey, you've gotta have hope.

No comments: